Saturday 18 February 2012

"Blown"- Shaun Project Space 8/9th February 2012.




Go with the flow, 2012, evolves from my interest in the actions, thoughts and objects which have been left behind – the lasting results of movement. I wanted to create a sculptural/installation work which took the viewer on a journey to experience a path not encountered before. I chose to use hessian, new fabric and found coffee bean sacks. I was drawn to the natural tones and the fact I could source a number of different weaves within a small tonal range to concentrate on shape and form. It also made successful casts when moulded and stiffened with paste over and around various made and found constructs. Most of the individually shaped pieces of hessian, hung from a grid of fishing line, are physically separated, unconnected, but when viewing the work as a whole, along with the negative shapes created, it just flows.


No comments:

Post a Comment